Wow, I am not very good at keeping up on this! I will try and do better....
We have had a busy month this October. I think I will start by giving a shout-out to my boy Gage.
As I have mentioned, Gage has been playing flag football for the Orem Elementary 5th/6th grade team. A few weeks back his team, the Gators, were playing their normal Saturday morning game. Now, the Gators are halfway into their season and have yet to win a single game. The boys are troopers and trying really hard to stay positive and be sportsmanlike. But they really, REALLY want to win a game!
My sweet Gage has played football every year since the first grade and while he's fast, a strong, accurate thrower, and a great catcher, he has been known to be hesitant when it comes to rushing the guy with the ball and pulling his flags. Imagine my elation when during the course of this particular game he pulls 7 boy's flags! He was so excited and it got him pumped and jazzed throughout the second half. Well, the game was tied and it was the last play. The other team had the ball...not looking good for the Gators. Gage was between two of the other team's players and when the quarterback threw to the pair, Gage jumped up between them and caught the ball!!
All the parent's on the sidelines jumped out of their seats, screaming and cheering (I the loudest) while my sweet boy ran that ball all the way down the field, dodging in and out of the way of the other team, and into the end zone!!!!! It was AWESOME!
Cute Gage came running over to me, giving me an enormous hug and smiling bigger than I've ever seen. He was so excited he didn't know what to do with himself and kept saying over and over, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"
The other parents were congratulating him and his team grabbed the big container of water and dumped it on the coach. What an amazing day for a group of sweet 5th and 6th grade boys.
We are so proud of you big man!!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
And Another Month Goes By....Shout out to Gage
Posted by Carrie at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How Exciting! Congrats to Gage.
I remember having a similar moment with Caleb last year. Having beent there myself, I could just feel your excitement.
Post a Comment