On Tuesday I did something really out of the ordinary. I picked up the kids from school, pulled into the garage, and then...gasp... the kids and I went straight to play in the snow. I admit that I can be a bit rigid when it comes to the after school schedule and I like to have everything done before any type of "playing" happens, whether it be with friends, sporting practice, or video games. It's not difficult, just a quick snack, homework, pick up bedroom, then a quick chore and boom, you're done.
But Tuesday was one of those glorious winter days, you know those kind of days when the air isn't so cold you're miserable and the snow is the perfect consistency for snowballs, snowmen, and sledding and you can play for hours before you even feel the cold. So the messy house and homework all had to wait because Tuesday we just HAD to play in the snow.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Winter Wonderland
Posted by Carrie at 12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The snow looks like great fun. And good for you for breaking out of your normal routine.
Good job on getting all the bloggin done! Keep it up. :)
Wow...do you ever look at Hailey and see yourself!! She looks so much like you, of course way cute!! They all grow up so fast. I love the lactose story..Jordan quoted that exact thing when he was about 5 to his grandma when she offered him some eggnog..He said no thanks grandma, lactose intolerant, gums up the works!! (like he even knows what that means:)
Post a Comment