Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Hailey!



Wow, how did my baby girl grow up this fast? It doesn't seem that long ago that she was a little, smiley toddler running around, dancing and playing. I cannot believe my sweet daughter is already 12. 12 is a huge, monumental birthday. Young Women's, preparations for junior high, baby-sitting other families, night games with friends, it's all so exciting, yet I wish I could slow down time just a little bit.

Hailey turned 12 on Tuesday, June 17th. For her birthday all she wanted was for Tom and I to take her to lunch and then to Ikea for a shopping spree. After lunching at her favorite restaurant, The Training Table, we spent the afternoon shopping Ikea. Hailey found a lot of great stuff for her room and we had a great time running around, matching this and that, and getting a few items for the house as well. After that, the family came over for a piece of cookie and ice cream.




Here are 12 things we love about Hailey for her 12th birthday:

1. Hailey has a great sense of humor. I can tease her and mess with her and she just laughs and gives it right back. She's a lot of fun. (Dad)
2. She is really smart. She picks up on things really quickly, especially this year with her pre-algebra. (Dad)
3. She has a really great laugh. It makes you want to laugh with her. (Dad)
4. Hailey is really friendly to everyone. (Gage)
5. Hailey helps me whenever I need help. (Gage)
6. I love Hailey and she loves me. (Gage)
7. I love Hailey because she plays outside with me. (Dax)
8. I love to play Rockband with Hailey. (Dax)
9. Hailey makes me yummy food. (Dax)
10. Hailey is incredibly strong. She has a strong sense of who she is and she doesn't let people tear her down. She sticks by her values and is unwavering. She knows what's right and is an example to others. (Mom)
11. Hailey is really, really, REALLY helpful. She makes sure that her chores aren't just done, but done well. She is very responsible and ALWAYS looks out for her brothers no matter what or who is around. (Mom)
12. Hailey is beautiful both inside and out. She has a way of drawing people to her and she is friends with everyone. She makes friends easily and is very loyal. She is a happy person and when you are around her you can feel her sincere, warm spirit. (Mom)

I could go on and on but there it is...12 things we love about our Hailey.

Here are 12 unknown facts about Hailey:

-We call her Hailey May
-When she was around 2 if she heard you talking she would ask "What are you saying about?"
-As a young child (and even now!) she could fall asleep anywhere, even standing up!
-Hailey starting walking at 9 months
-Hailey got all her teeth before she got hair!
-Hailey has naturally curly, thick hair
-Hailey was the shortest kid in 6th grade!
-During her early elementary school years, she didn't do mornings...at all!
-Hailey was only 7 lbs, and 18 inches long when she was born
-She rarely cried as a baby, she just smiled at everyone
-She cut her bangs off when she was 2 and when asked if it was Barbie hair she said, "No, Hailey hair!"
-Hailey won't eat meat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!

1 comments:

Tara said...

What a darling girl! 12 is definitely monumental. It must be sad and exciting for you all at the same time.

It's fun to read of your summertime fun...baseball and Tuacahn. St. George is lots of fun if you can stand the heat!

I'm so sorry to hear about the celiac. I have two relatives (mother-in-law and brother-in-law) that have it and sure makes meal times more challenging. I'm so glad you are feeling better, though.

I'm so excited for Mary. Keep me posted!